Baby LOVE-d.

Baby LOVE-d.
Little girl dresses made with vintage fabrics.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Aprons

Sidney's Apron
 I made this apron for the little girl I nannied as a parting gift.  She had just gotten into cooking and thought this and my banana break recipe would be a great gift.  I LOVE this fabric. I used ribbon for the neck and waist ties.  I wanted it to be adjustable as she was 9.  
The fabric is cotton and it is completely washable.

Miriam's Apron
 Miriam wanted a 'girlie' apron as the ones she had said 'tractor supply' or some such on them.  So I wanted to make a '50's dress looking apron.  I found this great period fabric that screams 1950's kitchen and complimented it with a brown polka-dot cotton. The neck strap runs though the side of the top so that everything is adjustable, and the ends of the ties flare out and switch from the brown polka-dot to the blue fruit.  I cut out the fruit and heat-n-bond and zig-zag stitched them to the bottom of the apron.

Matching Reversible Bib's
I had extra fabric and made reversible bib for the girls.  They have two snaps on each side so that the snaps are adjustable.  Miriam said she didn't want to use them because they were too pretty.  They are completely washable.

No comments:

Post a Comment