Baby LOVE-d.

Baby LOVE-d.
Little girl dresses made with vintage fabrics.

Friday, March 22, 2013

My Dresses

My Dresses
               
 I made this dress from an old sheet of my grandmother's. I am always keeping my eyes out for old sheets now.  I made a petticoat that lives in the dress.

This is my go to summer dress.  It is so comfy and it (of course) has pockets.  No petticoat needed, just a cotton fabric.
       
My first 'sexy' dress.  It is made of costume satin and I used the wrong side out so that is wasn't so shinny.  I love this pattern, but it tells you to cut the front piece on diagonal and therefore it lays a little funny.  I want to make another one out of more sturdy fabric as the costume satin is very weak.  I don't recommend it for a dress you wish to wear a lot, or at least not a tight fitting one.         
This was my first taffeta dress.  I found this wonderful fabric on sale at JoANN's after Christmas.  It is a textured taffeta plaid and I have yet to see anything as nice.  The bow is permanently tied and it zips up the back. 
     
 These were the first two dresses I ever made and unfortunately I lined them with actual lining which makes them super sticky and hot in the summer, but they are still daily wears.  I have made one for my mother lined with the same fabric as the dress and loves it.
   
This dress is from a vintage 1950's pattern that my roomie found.  I love this dress.  It is amazingly comfortable and has a great weight to it.  This is a plaid that I found at JoANN's on a whim.  Every once in a while JoANN's comes through with a great plaid.  I love plaids.
This is the first dress that I really drafted by myself (with lots of help from Aimee).  I found a dress online that looked like this and I wanted to try to make it. 

Brenny's Dress
After I wore my plaid '50's dress Brenny commissioned me to make her one.  I now want to make one like this for myself because it is such a great look.


No comments:

Post a Comment